Joints vs. Raw Buds: Which is better and why?
Posted to Hemp Education
Joints or Raw Buds: Pros and Cons of Each
Choosing Fresh Buds
Fresh hemp flowers are essentially just the flowering “buds” of the hemp plant. Buds are carefully cured before packaging so they can be chopped or ran through a grinder just like any other cannabis. Once you’ve ground your flower, simply roll it up in a rolling paper, smoke the hemp with a bong, or drop some into a pipe and light it up.
- Offers a familiar, traditional form of enjoying cannabis
- Numerous strains available to try
- Raw hemp strains can be mixed for varied benefits or flavors
- Can be used in different smoking devices, such as bongs or pipes
- Can take some practice to roll a good joint
- A bit messier to deal with than pre-rolls
Choosing The Pre-Rolled Option
Pre rolled joints, such as these Hawaiian Haze pre-rolls from Sunset Lake, are ready to be lit & enjoyed. No work, no hassle!
- Highly convenient
- Ideal for new hemp smokers who may not be familiar with rolling
- Available in different sizes and strains
- Hard to know the quality without seeing the flower first
- Not always available in as many strains as raw hemp flower